Right lovely people… I need your help. I want to do something to mark International Women’s Day (8th March) on the blog, as I am already working on a Special Edition Contour magazine for ATOTC, a poetry anthology to mark the Suffragettes, an exhibition, World Poetry Day and prep for several workshops (oh, and working FT to pay for a new boiler)… I know I do not have time for a submission call out.
So what I would like to do instead is Showcase wonderful women & female poets – so please could you send responses to any or all of the themes below.
Email me at worcspl[at]gmail[dot]com, with IWD in the title.
- Recommend a poem/poet to read.
- Tell me who is an inspiration and why.
- Influential women who got you into writing or supported this path for you. (Personal rather than famous.)
- Something you have grown wise to in womanhood (that you may have wished you’d known sooner).
– Let me know if you are happy to have a name by the comment – it will be public, I am happy to go with ANON.
Please email me by midnight on 6th March.
Let’s celebrate women!
Many thanks in advance. X