© National Trust
Annually the Droitwich Arts Network (DAN) have an exhibition of local art at Hanbury Hall, in the Long Gallery. In the past Poetry Society members have collaborated with this venture to create ekphrastic poetry.
This year I am inviting you to take part in the Hanbury Hall Project. Nearly three weeks ago I put a call for poets post on the blog. Writing Opportunity for You
I have a list of over 15 interested poets (Local & National). Please email email@example.com to register your interest. Then follow the instructions here.
- Visit between the 11th – 29th Oct. between 10.30 – 5 PM – please note the later you leave it the darker it is in the Gallery, although this year DAN are purchasing lighting.
- At Admissions Office explain you are a poet with Droitwich Arts Network.
- You will be granted FREE admission. Please note this is for the grounds that lead to the Long Gallery and not for the House and Grounds in general. If you are a member of the National Trust you can use that for further entry or pay the admission charge. If you have never visited I would urge you to do so and make a day of it. £7.27 – £10.90 Admission for Garden/House & Garden.
- Walk to the Long Gallery. Access through main entrance (Forecourt), the walled garden is to the left of the property, the Long Gallery is on the right past the Tearooms. Number 6 on the map. PDF map.
- Give yourself at least an hour. There are 33 artists exhibiting, often they exhibit more than one artwork. There is always a range of styles and techniques. Often it is one of the local artists stewarding so make yourselves known on entry.
- You are free to write in situe or make notes and write in the comfort of the grounds/your own home.
- Once your poems are finalised please send copies in the body of an email to me at firstname.lastname@example.org
The tearoom is also accessible for refreshments.
Plans to exhibit the poems are still under negotiation.
There is a reading booked in at Park’s Cafe Droitwich, 14th November 7 PM. DAN have a committee meeting on this evening. Poets will perform for the first part of the evening with an option to come for a meal afterwards.
The reading is optional and for poets who live too far away or would rather not read, there is no obligation to do so. Just come and write if you prefer.
Selected poems may appear in future issues of CONTOUR, the Poet Laureate digital magazine.
How to get here
School Road, Hanbury, Droitwich Spa, Worcestershire, WR9 7EA
By road from M5 exit 5 follow A38 to Droitwich; from Droitwich 4 miles along B4090
https://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/hanbury-hall-and-gardens/features/exhibitions-at-hanbury-hall- please note the dates are incorrect.