POETRY PERFORMANCE & PICNIC
SALT KING 200 Poetry Picnic & Performance
Sunday 25th June Salt King 200 at the Chateau Impney in Droitwich celebrates the 200th Birthday of John Corbett.
- All are invited to bring their own food & drink;
- Local history and community groups will be highlighting the life, times and heritage of John Corbett.
- Members of John Corbett’s family will be in attendance as will people from Tywyn and Amblecote (come and find out why!)
- There will be live music and some simple entertainment will be provided for children.
- No commercial activities will be allowed at the event, however, Chateau Impney will offer some light refreshments;
- The day starts with an (optional) walk from John Corbett’s graveside in Stoke Prior to the Chateau in the morning.
Droitwich Arts Network will also be promoting the Arts Festival (I have been heavily involved in organising the poetry events this year).
There will be stalls to buy refreshments from should you not have time to prepare a picnic, the official welcome to the event will happen 1 p.m
Poets and people who would like to come and hear poetry are welcome anytime between 12 – 5.
POETRY PICNIC & PERFORMANCE 1-3 p.m
Poetry Picnic – all welcome 1 – 2 p.m
Poetry Performance 2 – 3 p.m
We already have a list of performers but please contact me if you would like to perform. Use the contact form attached to the blog or email at worcspl[at]gmail[dot]com
Many thanks, hope to see you there.